.post-labels { display: none; }

Metaphysical Law of Attraction, My Thanks to Mom

To me, referring to the Metaphysical Law of Attraction just makes me sound smarter than I actually am but, it's fun. Metaphysics refers to abstract philosophical studies and is the part of philosophy that is concerned with the causes and nature of things. Since we are spiritual as well as physical beings, our experiences are to be used for learning. Anything metaphysical is of or relating to things that are thought to exist but cannot be seen. When you say, “I want _(fill in the blank)_”, you are planting a seed in your mind. The seed's growth is based strictly on what environment you provide for it.

I have studied the law of attraction and manifesting positivity for 35 years. Not full time but, I'll explain and you can decide.

My father was a veteran of the Korean Conflict, my mother was his sweetheart from early years. They grew up in a small town. It was so small that my paternal grandmother was my mother's Sunday School teacher. The two of them had been together forever and then I showed up.

So, they are in a fairytale relationship and my sister and I are raised by this mom and dad team that had their act together. Mom knew exactly how dad liked his steak and dad knew which piece of candy she would choose from the box when he handed it to her.

Things weren't always perfect and there were problems but, the family muddled through. Since I was the younger child I probably didn't get as much attention. Nobody cares about that and that includes me but, being the second child meant that I sat back and watched the people around me. I observed and probably made subconscious notes about people's behavior.

In my teen years, Post Traumatic Stress appeared on the scene. I didn't know what was going on and I like to believe that since my dad preferred it that way mom supported his effort. Actually, nobody had officially given PTS a name back then and when I asked mom to clue me in she shook her head and said something about the reconnaissance missions dad he had done in Korea. I was over thirty years old and had two children of my own before he gave me the slightest bit of insight about his time in Korea.

Anyway, mom gave me a Norman Vincent Peele book to read so I studied it. Mr. Peele taught me that, “Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don't have any problems, you don't get any seeds.” My extensive study of manifesting and the law of attraction had begun.

Manifesting isn't sitting back and expecting God to fill in the blanks. The Law of Attraction doesn't mean that if you think of Unicorns they will arrive at your doorstep. Assuming that you are as cynical as I, that cynicism needs to go out the window. Cynicism only confuses the Universe and those around you as to your true intentions. To manifest and see the Law of Attraction work requires you to focus on your desires. It's work to rewire your brain and give two positive thoughts for every negative thought.  

Using a dart board as an example, you face the board and know that you want to hit the bullseye. You focus on the bullseye and prepare to throw the dart. You breathe in and lift your hand. Just as you release the dart somebody to your right stands up. Your dart misses the bullseye but lands just up and out to the right. In that millisecond, you lost your focus and instead discovered confusion. It's not a big deal. That happens to everyone. Two positive thoughts can be, 1) you threw the dart 2) it hit the board. You need to refocus in order to manifest a bullseye.


The idea of manifesting and the law of attraction is not something new. James Allen wrote As A Man Thinketh in 1902. Dr. Peale had The Power of Positive Thinking published in 1952 and the law of attraction is why one of my heroes, Rocky Bleier was able to return to playing football after serving in Vietnam.
Anna sending positive thoughts that I will share my cookies.
Positive thinking always works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying Again

Computers are funny.  You can enter information ten or twenty times and achieve no result.  Then, there is that miraculous time that you do ...