.post-labels { display: none; }

This Is Why

I know myself. That's why I started this new website. I tend to shut down when I don't feel right about complaining to people that didn't buy into getting my opinion on things like politics. Not that I'm looking to be the next Ann Coulter but, there is a time and place for everything and GHC wasn't the right place. KaraMiller.net gives me the place.

Today, Josh Earnest explained that President Obama would not be attending Justice Scalia's funeral by saying that some people want to use this as a political cudgel. Political cudgel? What the heck does cudgel mean? I vaguely remember this word but, I can not remember the last time I used it, nor how.

Cudgel is defined as; a transitive verb meaning to beat with. As a noun, it is a short stick used as a weapon.

Google has nice images of cudgels, some of which are fairly frightening.

So, our president refuses to be involved in the political cudgel. It saddens me that Justice Scalia's wife, children and grandchildren that gave up time with him so that he could serve his country are not important enough to our president for him to show them his respect and appreciation.

Not as if it matters. Our president is commending people for riots and ignoring serious, national problems of drug addiction. Oh, and I guess there won't be anybody at the service that would be cool enough to take a selfie with.

I didn't know Justice Scalia but, I knew of him. The Supreme Court Justices often receive celebrity type status and there is controversy about where he was when he passed away. Considering the government corruption we hear and read about, what does it matter?

I think it is better that Vice-President Biden will be our representative at Justice Scalia's funeral. I pray that he will be respectful enough to leave his phone in his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying Again

Computers are funny.  You can enter information ten or twenty times and achieve no result.  Then, there is that miraculous time that you do ...